Social Worker - Hospice
OurHospice teamis looking for a compassionate, personableHospice Social Worker to join our Hospice Team for the Waukesha County service area.
As part of an interdisciplinary Hospice team, the Hospice Social Worker is responsible for the delivery of caries social work services to Hospice patients and their families. The purpose of this position is to provide initial psychosocial evaluations, ongoing psychosocial counseling, directs casework services, bereavement services, and community education outreach and referral. Additionally you will:
- Make home visits and conduct case conferences with other staff members.
- Perform comprehensive psychosocial, financial and bereavement assessments, assist in the development and implementation of goal directed family care plans and follow up with clinical intervention.
- Provide assistance with long-range planning.
- Respond to referrals by internal and external sources in a timely fashion.
- Assume the active role of advocate for the patient/family; facilitate open communication between patient, family unit, physician and interdisciplinary staff on a regular basis and in a timely fashion.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and individual/family counseling.
- Identify potentially complicated grief process in family or significant others and develop a plan of care which reflects incorporation of current, valid research findings to establish appropriate interventions to meet client needs.
Horizon Offers Our Hospice Social Workers:
- Competitive Pay & Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
Honored to be recognized as a 8-time Top Workplace! To learn more, about our current opportunities visit our Careers Page:https://jobs.horizonhch.com/or contact our Recruiter Alicia Quinn. Phone: 262.307.2557; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
With Horizon, You're Home
- Degree from an Accredited School or University - Master's in Social Work required
- Current WI Advanced Practice Social Work license
- 2 years experience in a clinical setting preferably in either health care or hospice.
- Knowledge of the principals and practices of social work, awareness of community resources, ability to relate to people of diverse cultural backgrounds, understand the dynamics of human behavior and social problems, utilize various treatment modalities, work within an integrated team concept.
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle