RN - Residential (Kathy's Hospice)
In Horizon’s Hospice Inpatient Units, you will play an important role in supporting and educating patients and their families as they embark on the end-of-life journey. You’ll draw on all parts of your experience: science and other knowledge from school, skills you’ve developed throughout your career, and most importantly: compassion and empathy.
You also will experience a culture of family with your peers and the company itself, which is rare to find. We find that flexibility, supporting our team members, assisting in their professional growth and providing a positive environment help our employees find a long time home for their skills.
We are seeking experienced nurses to join our Lawlis Family Hospice Inpatient team.
- Perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services.
- Performs physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessments utilizing non-verbal cues and probes or modifies questions to obtain more comprehensive assessments
- Communicates patient’s and family’s expectations of care, goals and comprehensive learning needs to all members of the health care team via appropriate documentation too
- All documentation is clear, legible, concise, accurate, timely, and meets department standards
- Provide Case Management functions, as part of the IDG, to an assigned case load.
- Provide services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice. Approach patients and families with care, concern and compassion.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle