RN - Residential (Hospice Inpatient Units)
Horizon's Inpatient Hospice facilities - Lawlis Family Hospice, located on the serene Columbia St. Mary’s Ozaukee Campus and Kathy's Hospice, located in the rolling hills of the Froedtert St. Joseph's West Bend campus practice Horizon's hospice philosophy of celebrating the human spirit and providing quality and compassion care to our patients and their families.
We are seeking individuals interested in POOL opportunities on all shifts (Pool requires - 5 shifts/month, two shifts must be a weekend day (i.e. Saturday and/or Sunday)).
- Perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services.
- Performs physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessments utilizing non-verbal cues and probes or modifies questions to obtain more comprehensive assessments
- Communicates patient’s and family’s expectations of care, goals and comprehensive learning needs to all members of the health care team via appropriate documentation too
- All documentation is clear, legible, concise, accurate, timely, and meets department standards
- Provide Case Management functions, as part of the IDG, to an assigned case load.
- Provide services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice. Approach patients and families with care, concern and compassion.
Be advised, that while this opportunity is a pool position, you must be available for 3+ weeks and several additional days of Monday-Friday, 1st shift orientation.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 15657086005d52d138977622445