RN - Patient Care Coordinator - Hospital Based
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, located in Milwaukee, WI, has partnered with Froedtert Milwaukee Hospital to offer a unique, award-winning "Hospice within a hospital" program and much-needed service for patients! This is your opportunity to create a positive hospice experience for patients and families within Froedtert Hospital.
As a Patient Care Coordinator within our virtual hospice program you will perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services.
- Collect and submit admissions in a timely fashion that are accurate and complete.
- Ensure goals are clearly delineated and prioritized on the patient plan of care and addressed by all team members
- Ensure plan of care reflects assessment findings to establish appropriate goals / interventions to meet patient needs and that goals are realistic and measurable.
- Case conference with team members occurs regularly which includes creating PCW / HHA Care Plans, initiating and updating Plans in accordance with patient needs and Agency policy.
- Inform physician, clinical manager and interdisciplinary team members of changes in patient status as evidenced by Case Communication documentation.
- Assure appropriate discharge planning occurs from the start of care by utilizing a multidisciplinary approach and appropriate documentation
Honored to be recognized as a 8-time Top Workplace! To learn more, about our current opportunities – visit our Careers Page: https://jobs.horizonhch.com/ or contact our Recruiter: Alicia Quinn. Email: email@example.com
With Horizon, You're Home.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle