RN - MyChoice Family Care RN Case Manager
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon is a contracted Care Management Unit (CMU) servicing a Title 19 managed care program (MCO) through My Choice Family Care – Care Wisconsin. This program emphasizes preventative and holistic care. As part of our Family Care team the RN Case Manager assesses, arranges and monitors services for persons with physical disabilities, developmental disabilities or frail elders.
Beyond ideal schedule (Monday -Friday, no weekends, no PM's) Horizon is offering the option of working remotely, from office and in the field.
- Completes medical assessments on family care members, manages chronic medical conditions and coordinates services with the health care system.
- Monitors client status and utilization of program resources to ensure the appropriateness of services/intervention in maintaining optimum health status and level of independence
- Includes wellness and risk reduction care management.
- Provides services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice.
- Provides communication/documentation of case management activities to Family Care Manager, the MCDA and appropriate organizations/individuals in an accurate, timely, efficient and professional manner.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- Minimum one (1) year of paid formal (non-family setting) experience working with specific populations (e.g. IDD, PD, Frail Elder) in social service care management or related social service experience with persons in the MCO’s target population.
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 161221584360187623e88627