RN Educator - Informatics
The job description was updated to reflect that additional accountability to Although heavily emphasizing the integration into patient care, the medical record is utilize for all aspects of the organization.
We make it a priority to hire and nurture the very best health care professionals. Due to agency growth we currently have an opening for an RN Educator role within our Education Department.
Our educators are leaders who work collaboratively with leadership to create policy and shape our organization in what it is ?? top notch! They demonstrate the knowledge, problem solving skills, and patience to mentor our clinical professional and paraprofessional field staff.
- Identify learning needs for groups of learners i.e. - uses data such as regulations, conducts interview or survey??s
- Design education to fit identified need(s); write learner objectives using educational principles, involve key stakeholders and produces a written plan.
- Choose and conduct education using a variety of strategies (examples: online, course, discussion, group activities) that fits objectives.
- Check effectiveness of education provided by utilizing competency verification methods. Seeks learners feedback.
- Adjust education based on findings, data, new regulations.
- Change management; Identify when change is occurring. Implement basic change management theory where appropriate. Participate in agency committee or projects as assigned. Bring back committee results and make recommendation for changes in education department.
- Oversee the implementation, optimization and function of the electronic health record in all aspects of the business.
- Design and implement orientation for groups served. Create and oversee the orientation schedule and preceptor assignment. Document and determine the new staff have completed all of the components of orientation.Collaboratively develops orientation performance improvement plans for Individuals with supervisor.
Horizon Offers Our Staff:
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Orientation program and mentorship to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Work/Life Balance, Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
Horizon Home Care & Hospice has been honored to be recognized as a Top Workplace 9 Times! Join our award-winning team TODAY!
With Horizon, You're Home.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing, BSN required
- Current WI RN license
- 1 year of home care or hospice experience OR 3 years experience as an nurse
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle