Occupational Therapist (Racine/Kenosha County)
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
If you’re an Occupational Therapist, we want you to join our mission-driven team!
Come and join our team of therapists committed to helping our patients not just survive, but thrive. There’s only one setting where that’s truly possible—at HOME!
If you’re enthusiastic about a rewarding career in home care that allows you to make a difference in the lives of patients, and also enjoy time on the weekends with your friends and family, consider an Occupational Therapist position with Horizon.
Responsible for providing evaluation and therapy services to clients in their homes.
- Assesses clients' physical, cognitive, behavioral, communication, emotional and social status; assesses home safety, medication management and fall risk.
- Assesses clients' functional rehabilitation status to determine the current "level of functioning, self-care, self-responsibility, independence and quality of life" per JCAHO Rehabilitation Standards.
- Submits accurate, complete and timely discipline assessments, OASIS data sets, physician orders and certifications / re-certification paperwork per Agency policy.
This position will cover Racine and Kenosha Counties
- Graduated after successfully completing an Occupational Therapy curriculum accredited jointly by the Council on Medical Education of the American Medical Association of the American Occupational Therapy Association
- A current license to practice in Wisconsin.
- Home care experience preferred.
- Current driver’s license for the State of Wisconsin and proof of current automobile insurance
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 16161181236054016b1d9545472