Medical Social Worker - Hospice
Our Hospice team is looking for a compassionate, personable Medical Social Worker to join our Hospice Team.
As part of an interdisciplinary Hospice team, the social worker is responsible for the delivery of caries social work services to Hospice patients and their families. The purpose of this position is to provide initial psychosocial evaluations, ongoing psychosocial counseling, directs casework services, bereavement services, and community education outreach and referral.
- Make home visits and conduct case conferences with other staff members.
- Perform comprehensive psychosocial, financial and bereavement assessments, assist in the development and implementation of goal directed family care plans and follow up with clinical intervention.
- Provide assistance with long-range planning.
- Respond to referrals by internal and external sources in a timely fashion.
- Assume the active role of advocate for the patient/family; facilitate open communication between patient, family unit, physician and interdisciplinary staff on a regular basis and in a timely fashion.
- Provide short-term crisis intervention and individual/family counseling.
- Identify potentially complicated grief process in family or significant others and develop a plan of care which reflects incorporation of current, valid research findings to establish appropriate interventions to meet client needs.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 15118192575a1c87f9bf7f84639