Horizon Home Care and Hospice, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and employees. To some, home is a place. To others, its a feeling. To us, its whatever you need it to be, wherever you are. With Horizon, youre home.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focusedIntake Specialistto join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This individual must be able to represent Horizon with impeccable professionalism when interacting with payers, patients, and staff. Must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines and follow through. We need a true team player able to collaborate effectively with multiple departments.
As anIntake Specialistyou will:
- Coordinate the screening and intake of Home Care, Supportive Home Care and Hospice referrals. Assist the Intake team by communicating with referral sources, coordinating referral information and managing workflow in department.
- Enter patient information into electronic health record accurately with appropriate medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Oversee incoming referrals through fax, phone or email and contributes to obtaining information needed to accept referral.
- Is first/primary contact for phone calls within department. Manage multiples lines and relay messages/information to appropriate team members and departments..
Horizon Offers Our Intake Specialist:
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
Honored to be recognized as a 8-time Top Workplace!
With Horizon, You're Home.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of office experience
- Familiar with MS Office and Medical Terminology
- Superb communication, organization, prioritization and customer relation skills