Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and employees. To some, home is a place. To others, its a feeling. To us, its whatever you need it to be, wherever you are. With Horizon, youre home.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Intake Specialist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This individual must be able to represent Horizon with impeccable professionalism when interacting with payers, patients, and staff. Must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines and follow through. We need a true team player able to collaborate effectively with multiple departments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinate the screening and intake of Home Care, Supportive Home Care and Hospice referrals. Assist the Intake team by communicating with referral sources, coordinating referral information and managing workflow in department.
- Enter patient information into electronic health record accurately with appropriate medical terminology and abbreviations.
- Oversee incoming referrals through fax, phone or email and contributes to obtaining information needed to accept referral.
- Is first/primary contact for phone calls within department. Manage multiples lines and relay messages/information to appropriate team members and departments..
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of office experience
- Familiar with MS Office and Medical Terminology
- Superb communication, organization, prioritization and customer relation skills