Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
It all begins with our patients and families in mind and YOU--the lives we touch, the independence we create and the change we inspire.
As a Chaplain you will provide pastoral care and counseling to hospice patients and their families. As an integral member of our hospice team, you will provide skilled services including:
- Provides spiritual counsel, prayer and sacraments as requested by patients, family and team members
- Aware of and attends to the theological/ethical/spiritual issues which may be of concern to patients, family, outside clergy and/or team members
- Participates in interdisciplinary group conferences and by participating in the development of the initial and integrated plan of care
- Help our patients and their families navigate the transition into hospice care with wholeness, dignity and self-determination in the dying process.
- Bachelors Degree from an accredited college, university, or divinity school. Master's Degree preferred
- Must be ordained, credentialed, or commissioned from a recognized organization such as the American College of Chaplains, comparable certification organization, or recognized religious sect.
- Minimum 3 years of spiritual/pastoral care experience with at least 1 year of supervised experience in a medical, educational, or divinity setting
- Must obtain at least one unit of Clinical Pastoral Education (A.C.P.E.) within six months of employment or equivalency
- Prefer previous hospice/grief experience
- Current WI RN license
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle