Health Information Physician Order Technician at 6-Time Top Workplace
The Tradition Continues!
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is honored to be designated a 6-Time Top Workplace!
Apply Today to join our award-winning team!
Horizon is one of the largest and fastest growing not-for-profit health care organizations in southeastern Wisconsin. For 25 years, our staff has committed to providing the best possible care to many patients and families who need help the most.
Our busy Park Place corporate headquarters located in Milwaukee, W seeks a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Medical Records Physician Order Technician for a full-time, 1st shift opportunity. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This multi-tasking master must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines, follow through and follow-up. Strong work ethic and customer service skills are imperative.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Efficiently process all CVOs, therapy evaluations, assessment verbal orders and Hospice forms.
- Maintain an accurate physician listing for Agency by adding, updating and deleting physician information in a timely manner
- Assist in billing cycle by addressing medical record issues on billing error report.
- Maintains a less than 10 percent out-of-compliance rate
- Assist in performing Medical Records Department clerical chart control audits for assigned section and report results to Supervisor/Manager. (Focus of audit changes on a monthly basis).
Qualifications include High School Diploma or equivalent, with a Certification in Medical Records preferred plus 2-3 years of office experience; Medical Records experience preferred. Must possess excellent communication, organization, prioritization, and customer service skills.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.