Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and employees. To some, home is a place. To others, its a feeling. To us, its whatever you need it to be, wherever you are. With Horizon, youre home.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Finance Coordinator to join our growing team. This individual must be able to represent Horizon with impeccable professionalism when interacting with payers and staff. Must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines, follow through and ensuring nothing falls through the cracks.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Coordinates authorizations for high risk payer, payer change process and appeals.
- Monitors various reports to ensure authorizations are obtained for high risk payers
- Re-verifies insurance at recertification and processes payer change forms.
- Ensures appeals are initiated timely and performs necessary follow up to resolution.
- Performs data entry for various reports to ensure accurate reimbursement and assists with report retrieval
- Acts as a backup to Insurance Verification and Authorization Specialists and A/R Specialist. This includes cash posting, report creation, data collection and data entry to complete reports.
- HS diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors Degree preferred
- Minimum of 2-3 years of office experience required
- Experience, certification or education in some aspect of the healthcare delivery system preferred
- Proficient with Microsoft Office, knowledge of medical terminology, knowledge of third party payers required
- Excellent communication, organization, prioritization and customer relation skills required
- Current WI RN license
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle