CNA - Residential (Kathy's and Lawlis Hospice)
Horizon's Inpatient Hospice facilities - Lawlis Family Hospice, located on the serene Columbia St. Marys Ozaukee Campus and Kathy's Hospice, located in the rolling hills of the Froedtert St. Joseph's West Bend campus practice Horizon's hospice philosophy of celebrating the human spirit and providing quality and compassion care to our patients and their families.
We are seeking individuals interested in POOL opportunities on all shifts (including every other weekend and holiday rotation).
- Provide basic patient care and services as specified by the assigned unit under the direction and supervision of the registered nurse.
- Follow RN s direction to complete the assigned patient care tasks according to established clinical procedures within the department.
- Gather and document data accurately to contribute to assessment of patient and to assure the integrity of the medical record. Report abnormalities to the RN.
- Recognize areas where the patient's response deviates from the desired outcome and report to the RN.
- Identify emergency situations and take appropriate action.
- Reinforce aspects of patient teaching as delegated by the RN.
- Establish a rapport with patients; Communication is therapeutic and patient focused.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Wisconsin CNA certification that allows you to work in Federally Certified Home Health Agencies and Hospices.
- Prior experience working with the public is required.
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 58768d008aba7