Clinical Unit Coordinator
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Kathy's Hospice, located in the rolling hills of Washington County on the campus of Froedtert West Bend, is well-respected for celebrating the human spirit and providing quality and compassion care to our hospice patients and their families.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking a Clinical Unit Coordinator to join our top-notch Kathy's Hospice Inpatient Team.
As a Clinical Unit Coordinator you will assist the Hospice Manager and RN Supervisor in daily team operations to ensure efficient flow of communication and coordinatoion of services.
- Professionally manage and problem solve incoming phone calls from patients, field staff, reference labs, physician offices, hospitals, nursing homes, home care coordinators and DME suppliers.
- Create staff schedules, holiday schedules and weekend staffing and weekday master schedules.
- Efficiently coordinate staffing coverage for all planned vacations, unexpected time off, PM and Weekend, and holiday coverage.
- Track completion of admission, discharge paperwork and charting completed by the staff.
- Maintain paper charts during patient stay and take apart upon discharge and forward to medical records.
- Schedule and communicate daily volunteer tasks.
- Effectively use internal reports, tracking processes and open communication with staff to assure team compliance with all policies/time line for all care related paperwork.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, current LPN licensure preferred
- 1 year of experience appropriate for team functions
- Home Care Experience preferred
- Excellent communication, organization, prioritization and customer service skills