Billing and Collections Coordinator
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Looking to make a difference? Looking to be part of a dedicated professional team?
Horizon Home Care & Hospice is one of Milwaukee’s fastest growing not-for-profit health care organizations. For over 30 years, our staff has committed to providing the best possible care to many patients and families who need help the most.
Our busy corporate headquarters seeks a detail-orientated, customer service-focused professional Billing & Collections Coordinator. In the Billing & Collections Coordinator role you will:
- Ensure quality and timely billing functions are performed including claims processing, collecting and credit procedures
- Process of various Payer claims according to procedure in an accurate and timely manner.
- Review payer remittances and process manual adjustments and/or resubmit corrected claim timely.
- Review and investigate A/R aging to ensure bills over specified days in A/R are processed according to procedure.
- Respond to calls from clients/payers as they come into the department.
- High School Diploma or equivalent required, Bachelors Degree Preferred
- 2-3 years of billing/collection insurance experience preferred
- Strong familiarity with MS Office products and software.
- Excellent communication, organization, prioritization and customer relation skills.