RN Residential - Lawlis Family & Kathy Inpatient Hospice
In Horizons inpatient hospice units you will have the unique opportunity to provide supportive care and education to patients and their families as they move along the continuum.
You will rely on the science that you learned in school, as well as the skills you have been developing throughout your career. Most importantly, you will need compassion and empathy for our patients at the end of their lives.
You also will experience a culture of family with your peers and the company itself, which is rare to find. We find that flexibility, support to our team members, assistance in their professional growth and a positive environment helps our team members find a long time home for their skills.
- Performs referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services.
- Performs physical, psychosocial and spiritual assessments utilizing non-verbalcues and probes or modifies questions to obtain more comprehensive assessments
- Communicates patients and familys expectations of care, goals and comprehensivelearning needs to all members of the health care team via appropriate documentation too
- All documentation is clear, legible, concise, accurate, timely, and meets departmentstandards
- Provide Case Management functions, as part of the IDG, to an assigned case load.
- Provide services at quality levels consistent with professional standards of practice.Approach patients and families with care, concern and compassion.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is required within 18 months of employment
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 59272fb19727c