RN - On-Call Night Visit Nurse - Hospice
Honored to be recognized as a 8-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
This on-call, 8:00pm - 8:00am opportunity allows you to enjoy the ability to really make a difference while providing one-on-one patient centered care when patients need it most; but also reserve time for you to focus on what really matters to you - school, family, volunteering/giving back or your favorite hobby.
Beyond this ideal schedule, Horizon is offering the following for our on-call night nurses:
- Access to Company Car
- Plus, our entire benefits package that includes health, dental, vision, and life insurance, retirement saving plan, tuition reimbursement and MORE!
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking experienced nurses to join our top-notch Hospice team.
On-call Registered Nurses will ensure the delivery of quality hospice services, as well as, the coordination of services that reflect the philosophy and standards of hospice care to assigned patients.
- Assesses patient conditions accurately and completely via phone and/or during scheduled visits (conditions may include physiological, psycho social and / or spiritual).
- Provides interventions for symptom management over the telephone and/or during in-home visits and evaluates patient response to interventions prior to the end of their shift.
- Identifies and provides patient and family's education and support.
- Completes all required patient documentation (visits and admissions) in an accurate, legible and on the same day care was provided.
- Communicates and provide report to physicians, manager, interdisciplinary team members of any changes in patient condition or the patients plan of care in a timely and accurate manner.
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Acute Care,Home Care or Hospice experience
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle