RN - Hospice Admission Nurse
Honored to be recognized as a 9-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking experienced nurses to join our compassionate and patient-centered focused Hospice Team.
As a Admission Nurse perform referral evaluations / admission assessments of patients and families seeking Hospice services and be accountable for safe, effective nursing care of patient / family admissions through the utilization of the nursing process, clinical skill, and Interdisciplinary Group approach to maximize the comfort and quality of life for Hospice patients and families.
- Collect and submit admissions in a timely fashion that are accurate and complete.
- Assess patient conditions and family / caregiver's conditions accurately and completely during each visit (conditions may include physiological, psychosocial and / or spiritual).
- Identify and provide for patient and family's educational needs.
- Provide patient care per physician orders and Agency policy.
- Complete all required patient and Agency paperwork in an accurate, thorough, legible and timely fashion to reflect a clear picture of care provided.
- Transcribe, implement and evaluate new physician orders accurately.
- Field staff schedules, payroll and daily logs are accurate, legible and timely.
- Work cooperatively with patients, care providers, family members and Agency staff.
- Provide report to physicians, manager, interdisciplinary team members of any changes in patient condition or the patients plan of care.
Horizon Offers Our Hospice Nurses:
- Work/Life Balance – NO ON-CALL & NO WEEKENDS! 4-day work week!
- Competitive Pay & Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
Honored to be recognized as a 9-time Top Workplace! To learn more, about our current opportunities – visit our Careers Page: https://jobs.horizonhch.com/ or contact our Nurse Recruiter: Alicia Quinn. Phone: 262-307-2557; Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Degree from an Accredited School of Nursing (BSN preferred)
- Current WI RN license
- 1-2 years of Hospice, Oncology or related experience
- Experience in the care of the terminally ill; knowledge of Hospice Care
- Hospice certification is preferred
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle
Job Status: Full Time,Part Time
Job Reference #: 16687942776377c7a5c4eb91646