Physical Therapist - Oak Creek
Join Horizon Home Care & Hospice as a physical therapist serving clients throughout Oak Creek territoty.
- You will provide evaluation and therapy services in the homes of clients who require skilled intervention to restore function and prevent disability following disease, illness, injury or loss of a body part.
- You will take an interdisciplinary team approach, under the direction of a physician.
- Assess clients' physical, cognitive, behavioral, communication, emotional and social status; assess home safety, medication management and fall risk.
- Assess clients' functional rehabilitation status to determine the current "level of functioning, self-care, self-responsibility, independence and quality of life" per JCAHO Rehabilitation Standards.
- Submit accurate, complete and timely discipline assessments, OASIS data sets, physician orders and certifications / re-certification paperwork per Agency policy.
- Select, apply and modify skilled interventions appropriate to the client's environment based on identified problems / needs, diagnoses, prognosis, anticipated goals, desired outcomes and client treatment choices.
- Establish a plan of care with interventions that reflect current, valid research findings supporting appropriateness to meet clients' needs.
- Case conference with team members regularly which includes creating PCW / HHA Care Plans, initiating and updating Plans in accordance with patient needs and Agency policy.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.
- Degree from an CAPTE approved Physical Therapy Program
- Current WI PT license
- 1 year of therapy experience (Home Care preferred)
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle