Nurse Practitioner (Palliative)
Honored to be recognized as a 9-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our Palliative Team. Our inter-disciplinary team provides the full spectrum of care for our Hospice, Home Care and Palliative patients and offers multiple levels of support.
It all begins with our patients and families in mind and YOU--the lives we touch, the independence we create and the change we inspire.
When you join our Palliative team you can use your positive energy to lift spirits while having the opportunity to shape your career.
As a Nurse Practitioner you will provide medicalservices including, but not limited to, assessment, treatment and health teaching in the form of patient home visits.
- Consult with the patients attending physicians, as needed, regarding palliation and management of illnesses; in addition, meet the general medical needs of the patients to the extent that these needs are not met by the attending physician.
- Act asa resource to staff who identify patient issues relating to specific clinical areas by recommending a plan of care and implementing when appropriate with the case manager and/or interdisciplinary team.
- Prescribe and review appropriate medication for therapeutic effectiveness of the patients. Include both drug and non-drug-based treatment methods into the plan of care under the direction of the Medical Director.
This position is based at our Milwaukee headquarters but also travels throughout Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Racine, Kenosha and Washington Counties to visit patients both within their home and within our partner facilities.
Horizon Offers OurPalliativeNurses:
- Work/Life Balance NO ON-CALL & NO WEEKENDS!
- Competitive Pay & Mileage Reimbursement
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- Paid Time Off, Wellness Program and More!
Honored to be recognized as a 9-time Top Workplace!To learn more, about our current opportunities visit our Careers Page:https://jobs.horizonhch.com/or contact our Recruiter Alicia Quinn at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 262-307-2557
With Horizon, You're Home
- Completion of MSN or higher degree from an accredited college/university
- Current WI APNP license with prescriptive privileges
- Prior Hospice and/or Home Care experience preferred
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle