Nurse Practitioner (Palliative)
Honored to be recognized as a 7-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are.Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is seeking a Nurse Practitioner to join our Palliaitive Team. Our inter-disciplinary team provides the full spectrum of care for our Hospice, Home Care and Palliative patients and offers multiple levels of support.
It all begins with our patients and families in mind and YOU--the lives we touch, the independence we create and the change we inspire.
When you join our hospice team you can use your positive energy to lift spirits while having the opportunity to shape your career.
As a Nurse Practitioner you will provide medical services including, but not limited to, assessment, treatment, re-certification and health teaching in the form of patient home visits.
- Consult with the patient’s attending physicians, as needed, regarding palliation and management of illnesses; in addition, meet the general medical needs of the patients to the extent that these needs are not met by the attending physician.
- Conduct face to face encounters for assigned patients entering their third or subsequent benefit period, document findings of encounter, and provide findings to the certifying physician in a timely manner.
- Act as a resource to staff who identify patient issues relating to specific clinical areas by recommending a plan of care and implementing when appropriate with the case manager and/or interdisciplinary team.
- Prescribe and review appropriate medication for therapeutic effectiveness of the patients. Include both drug and non-drug-based treatment methods into the plan of care under the direction of the Medical Director.
This position is based at our Milwaukee headquarters but also travels throughout Milwaukee, Waukesha, Ozaukee, Racine, Kenosha and Washington Counties to visit patients both within their home and within our partner facilities.
- Completion of MSN or higher degree from an accredited college/university
- Current WI APNP license with prescriptive privileges
- Prior Hospice and/or Home Care experience preferred
- Current/Valid WI Drivers License; plus reliable/insured vehicle
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 5935cc3019730