Music Therapist (Part-Time)
You became a music therapist to touch people's lives and demonstrate the power of music. Those skills are never more important than during a human being's end-of-life. By sharing your love of music, you can create a positive hospice experience for our terminal patients and provide much-needed respite for their families.
Music Therapy is much requested enhancement that Horizon offers through our Hospice program and we are looking for a dynamic therapist to join our growing team. This ideal first shift, Monday-Friday, part-time - 20-24 hours per week opportunity allows you to make a real difference in people's lives and still enjoy optimal work/life balance
- Travel to patient homes, facilities, or hospital units to plan, organize, and direct medically prescribed music therapy activities as part of mental and physical treatment to influence behavioral and psychological well being.
- Direct and participate in instrumental and vocal music activities designed to meet patients' physical or psychological needs, such as solo or group singing, rhythmic and other creative music activities, music listening, or attending concerts.
- Instruct patients individually or in groups in prescribed instrumental or vocal music and music projective techniques, such as guided imagery, progressive relaxation, awareness of conscious feelings.
- Collaborate with other members of Hospice team in planning music activities in accordance with patients' physical or psychological needs, capabilities, and interests.
- Submit periodic reports to treatment team or physician to provide clinical data for evaluation. Document completely and accurately within 24 hours of each patient visit.
- Clinical expertise and competency in the practice of standard precautions and Agency infection control practices.
Help bring quality of life to end of life.
Qualifications include Bachelor's degree or higher in music therapy from a college or university program approved by the American Music Therapy Association (AMTA) , State of WI Music Therapy license, and computer proficiency. Home care or hospice experience a huge plus!