Medical Records Certification Technician
Horizon Home Care & Hospice is seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Medical Records Specialist. If you are passionate passionate about people and passionate about the world of
behind-the-scenes health care this is.
This multi-tasking master must be a pro at meeting deadlines and art of the follow-up. Strong work ethic and interpersonal skills are imperative.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Print, process, and track home health certification plans.
- Maintain less than 10% "out of compliance" rate for all certifications by performing diligent follow-up (phone contacts, faxing and courier visits when necessary) to obtain timely physician signatures.
- Assist in billing cycle by addressing medical record issues on billing error report.
- Assist with Medical Records Department clerical chart control audits and report results to Manager.
- High School Diploma or equivalent, with a Certification in Medical Records preferred.
- 2-3 years of office experience; Medical Records experience preferred.
- Must possess excellent communication, organization, prioritization, and customer relation skills.