Insurance Verification Specialist
Honored to be recognized as a 8-time Top Workplace - APPLY TODAY to join our growing organization!To some people, home is a place. To others, it's a feeling. To us, it's whatever our patients need it to be, wherever they are. Horizon is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and families in offering our wide breadth of services. Our expertise is second to none, allowing us to give our patients the best care available
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and employees. To some, home is a place. To others, it’s a feeling. To us, it’s whatever you need it to be, wherever you are. With Horizon, you’re home.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Insurance Verification Specialist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This individual must be able to represent Horizon with impeccable professionalism when interacting with payers, patients, and staff. Must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines and follow through. We need a true team player able to collaborate effectively with multiple departments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Enter patient information into Clinical Fast Pad using appropriate medical terminology and abbreviations.
- In adherence to required time frames, obtain Medicare prior authorizations from admission through discharge process for patients.
- Verify non-Medicare insurance coverage, and track, maintain, and update visit statuses
- Communicate with Case Managers during open episodes in regard to authorization statuses.
- May cross-train and float to cover other positions as needed.
Horizon Offers Our Employee:
- Work/Life Balance
- Competitive Pay
- Comprehensive Benefit Package that includes Health, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Retirement Savings Plan, including an Employer Match
- Extensive orientation program to help you succeed in your new role
- Career development & advancement, Tuition Reimbursement
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of office experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency; plus third party payer experience and strong knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.