Insurance Verification Specialist
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, headquartered in Milwaukee, WI, is a home care and hospice provider built on a foundation of care that celebrates the human spirit and the desire for security, comfort and compassion. We make a loving difference in the lives of our patients and employees. To some, home is a place. To others, it’s a feeling. To us, it’s whatever you need it to be, wherever you are. With Horizon, you’re home.
We are seeking a detail-oriented, customer service-focused Insurance Verification Specialist to join our growing team. Our ideal candidate is passionate about people and passionate about the world of behind-the-scenes health care.
This individual must be able to represent Horizon with impeccable professionalism when interacting with payers, patients, and staff. Must be a pro at staying on top of deadlines and follow through. We need a true team player able to collaborate effectively with multiple departments.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Enter patient information into Clinical Fast Pad using appropriate medical terminology and abbreviations.
- In adherence to required time frames, obtain Medicare prior authorizations from admission through discharge process for patients.
- Verify non-Medicare insurance coverage, and track, maintain, and update visit statuses
- Communicate with Case Managers during open episodes in regard to authorization statuses.
- May cross-train and float to cover other positions as needed.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- 2-3 years of office experience
- Microsoft Office proficiency; plus third party payer experience and strong knowledge of medical terminology is preferred.