Human Resource Assistant - Great Opportunity to Join our Dynamic HR Team!
Can you see yourself at an innovative, evolving not-for-profit that is revolutionizing health care? Horizon, located in Milwaukee, WI, is one of the largest and most respected home care and hospice organizations in Southeastern Wisconsin. Our busy HR team needs a full-time administrative professional who can handle a high volume workload with a positive attitude and a smile.
The HR Assistant is the proactive, multi-faceted backbone and face of the department. Some of the core responsibilities, expected to be done accurately and timely, include:
- Fields all HR calls accurately answering general questions and forwarding to the appropriate HR Professional.
- Maintains various filing systems, including weekly filing for employee-related information, medical files, new employee files, etc., ensuring that all systems are accurate and up-to-date on a regular basis.
- Coordinates setting up the interviews with Recruiter and completes reference checking.
- Retrieves online licensure/certifications, background checks and driving records upon hire and annually.
- Tracks, inputs and maintains all certifications and licensures in ADP as needed in a timely manager. Completes monthly OIG and SAMS checks for all employees.
- Responsible for creating and sending all offer packets accurately and timely.
- Coordinates general orientation including ensuring all new hires have successfully completed pre-hire exam/tests, receiving all required paperwork form the new hires, coordinating the employee photo ID badge process, collates general orientation packet and all preparation and clean up tasks.
- Trains orientees on establishing ADP account. Assists new hires with benefit enrollments.
- Creates all new hire files, inputs and maintains new hires and current employees into ADP and McKesson in a timely manner.
- Maintains iRecruit process: scanning in, organizing, efiling applicants/new hires and logging out.
- Assists benefits coordinator with FMLA packets and communication, annual open enrollment/benefits fair and wellness challenges. Collates annual benefits packets.
- Send out exit survey to terming employees, compiles reports for VP to review quarterly.
- Assists with annual holiday party and employee meeting.
- Assist the VP of HR with unemployment insurance wage reporting data.
- Completes bi-weekly FTE report in excel.
- Assists in the coverage of the receptionist desk as needed.
Minimum qualifications include an Associate degree in Business or Human Resources, plus 2-3 years of administrative experience. Extensive HR knowledge and/or healthcare experience strongly preferred. Solid Microsoft Office competence required. ADP and/or iRecruit proficiency a huge plus!
Most importantly, you must demonstrate impeccable communication skills and an unflappable work ethic. We are looking for the cream of the crop, a bright, energetic team player who will fit in with our rising Agency. We have cultivated a cohesive HR family dedicated to achieving the common goal of providing comprehensive support for our amazing network of healthcare professionals.
Horizon Home Care and Hospice is a proud 5-time Milwaukee Journal Sentinel Top Workplace honoree. We only hire the best. Is this where you belong?
Horizon Home Care and Hospice, Inc. is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer that does not discriminate in employment and ensures equal employment opportunity for all persons regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or Vietnam era or other protected veteran. To achieve our goal of equal opportunity, we maintain an affirmative action program through which we take good faith efforts to recruit, hire and advance in employment qualified minorities, women, persons with disabilities, Vietnam era veterans, and other protected veterans.